Coronavirus-Related News & Resources
- Mashable looked at why some of us are doing a lot of online shopping during quarantine.
- Above the Law has created a COVID Crisis Law Firm Layoff Tracker.
- Harvard Business Review did a podcast episode on starting a new job remotely.
- NPR pondered the post-pandemic workplace.
- The Washington Post reported on the incidence of strokes among young and middle-aged people with COVID-19.
- The New York Times advised how to create a “screen-life balance” right now.
- The Cut answered a reader question about wanting to help local businesses but not knowing if you can afford it.
- The Cut also gave advice to a boss who asked if they should ask their casually-dressed employee to look more professional on Zoom calls.
- Speaking of Zoom, Fast Company shared that you can invite a goat — yes, a real goat — to your meeting.
In Other News…
- Elle rounded up the best zinc sunscreens for this summer.
- WWD looked into the growing preference for “clean beauty with a side of clinical.”
- Harper’s Bazaar wondered whether sustainable fashion and inclusive sizing can coexist.
- The New York Times asked, “What Do Famous People’s Bookshelves Reveal?”
- For your Laugh of the Week, go check out the Twitter account @ratemyskyperoom.
On CorporetteMoms Recently…
- We rounded up the best maternity jeans for work and play.
- We looked at a week in the life of an in-house counsel and mother of two in the South.
- We offered some clothes for working moms, including some maternity basics and washable workwear.
Original source: https://corporette.com/weekly-news-update-463/