Coronavirus-Related News & Resources
- The New York Times highlighted a sign of the times: The Zoom Shirt.
- Well + Good provided advice on dealing with a toxic (virtual) work environment during COVID-19.
- Time examined the pandemic’s effect on sleep, while Shape explained why you’re tired all the time.
- The Washington Post looked at getting men to wear face masks (sigh).
- The Washington Post also featured the new trend of coronavirus-related corporate swag.
- We mentioned the Twitter account Room Rater in a past Laugh of the Week, but Apartment Therapy just did an interview with one half of the couple behind it. (Room Rater is a must-follow!)
In Other News…
- Allure asked dermatologists for their advice on dealing with summer thigh-chafing.
- The Los Angeles Times talked to LGBTQ members of the fashion community about racism and equality in the industry.
- The Business Journals reported on a new study that found that Black and female employees benefit most from bans on asking about salary histories.
- Teen Vogue delved into the problematic nature of white people and non-Black people of color engaging in “digital blackface” by posting reaction GIFs of Black people on social media.
- NPR gave four tips on getting started with journaling.
- Your Laugh of the Week comes from The New Yorker’s Daily Shouts, which provided date ideas for a post-quarantine world.
On CorporetteMoms Recently…
- We shared tips from moms who work from home (from our Week in the Life of a Working Mom series.)
- We offered some clothes for working moms, including some maternity basics and washable workwear.
Original source: https://corporette.com/weekly-news-update-472/