Coronavirus-Related News & Resources
- The Washington Post‘s food critic looked at how to cut down on trash from takeout orders.
- The New York Times reported that COVID-19 may increase premature births.
- The Daily Beast reported that wearing glasses may provide some protection from coronavirus.
- ProPublica offered a pandemic guide to making sure your vote counts.
- VICE suggested how to prepare if you’re dreading the coming winter.
In Other News…
- Well + Good explained how to regrow brow hair.
- New York magazine’s Intelligencer delved into sustainability in fashion.
- At Medium, Helen Hunt criticized the attention paid to women candidates’ appearances while “The United States is quite literally on fire.”
- A recent(ish) episode of the podcast The Jabot discussed the in-house counsel gender pay gap.
- The New York Times talked to Kate Manne, the author of Entitled, about mansplaining.
- The Huffington Post published an piece that looked at why white adults have so few genuine friendships across racial lines.
- LitHub rounded up 20 new books to consider reading this fall.
- Clemson University created Spot the Troll, a quiz that asks users to determine whether images of real social media content are from legitimate accounts or internet trolls.
- Your Laugh of the Week comes from Official Millennial Paul Rudd, with a PSA on face masks.
On CorporetteMoms Recently…
- We suggested where to get used maternity clothes.
- We took a look back at previous CorporetteMoms posts, including asking for help as the default parent and how to use your iPhone to store school paperwork.
- We offered some clothes for working moms, including some maternity basics and washable workwear.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you! Also: Are you a mom or mom-to-be? Don’t miss this week’s news update at CorporetteMoms.
Original source: https://corporette.com/weekly-news-update-483/