Study after study affirms that doctors treat their patients differently, depending on the patient’s race. Minority patients get different diagnoses, different treatments, and are often subject to being stereotyped by their physicians.
Related HCT episodes:
1. Black Mothers Suffer Higher Birth-related Mortality: https://youtu.be/VYc-Eq-vDuA
2. Barbershops fill gaps in the healthcare system for many Americans: https://youtu.be/VvtmC-PdqJY
Be sure to check out our podcast!
Other Healthcare Triage Links:
1. Support the channel on Patreon: http://vid.io/xqXr
2. Check out our Facebook page: http://goo.gl/LnOq5z
3. We still have merchandise available at http://www.hctmerch.com
4. Aaron’s book “The Bad Food Bible: How and Why to Eat Sinfully” is available wherever books are sold, such as Amazon: http://amzn.to/2hGvhKw
John Green — Executive Producer
Stan Muller — Director, Producer
Aaron Carroll — Writer
Mark Olsen – Art Director
Meredith Danko – Social Media
#healthcare #health care #racialdisparity