Coronavirus-Related News & Resources
- NPR reported that the pandemic has caused the share of women in the workforce to drop to levels not seen since 1988.
- WIRED explained how to get the most out of virtual doctors’ visits.
- The New York Post talked to childfree people who say they’re tired of picking up the slack for working parents.
- The Washington Post reported that one quarter of people surveyed had hidden their social distancing behaviors in some way, one third of those with symptoms lied about it, and more than half concealed symptoms.
In Other News…
- Glamour looked at Madewell’s new athleisure collection, MWL.
- The New York Times wondered whether Anna Wintour’s diversity push at Vogue has come too late.
- The New York Times also gave advice on drawing work/life boundaries while WFH.
- Fast Company offered tips for tackling perfectionism and becoming more productive.
- ProPublica offered a state-by-state guide on what to do if you’ve changed your mind about voting by mail.
- The Cut listed 11 free fitness trials to try.
- The Atlantic asked, “What if friendship, not marriage, was at the center of life?”
- Your Laugh of the Week comes from McSweeney’s: “In This House, We Believe…”
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you! Also: Are you a mom or mom-to-be? Don’t miss this week’s news update at CorporetteMoms.
Original source: https://corporette.com/weekly-news-update-489/