I was intrigued a few years ago when I saw that MM.LaFleur was selling “sheer opaque tights” for, essentially, people who want the look of pantyhose but the durability of tights. Interestingly, the options have only multiplied since, so I thought it might be an interesting coffee break discussion. Particularly this winter, when you’re just dressing for yourself and probably doing so in a more casual way, are tights playing a bigger role? Are you intrigued by the idea of nude-for-you tights or even nude fishnets?
Truthfully, the product that caught my eye was these fishnets, from a company called Nude Barre. I have personally avoided fishnets for years (especially since readers strongly opined that fishnets are not acceptable for conservative offices) — but fishnets do have a lot to recommend them if you’re in a more casual space.
They’re often more durable, harder to rip, easier to pull on, and they add just a slight color to your regular legs. From far away, they probably do look a bit like hose — but up close they just look textured and a little bit cool. In fall and spring, for those weird days where neither bare legs nor tights are acceptable, fishnets fill the gap. They also can be a great option if you’re wondering what color tights to wear with a navy skirt.
In any event, I’m intrigued to see multiple colors of beige fishnets — pictured are caramel, tapioca cream, and ivory cream; they’re available in sizes XS-XXL for $33 at ShopBop.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear Sales of Note (11/16/20):
- Loft – Up to 75% off
- J.Crew – 35% off your purchase (45% off for Rewards members)
- Lands’ End – 40% off full-price styles
- Ann Taylor – 60% off 3+ items; 50% off 2 items; 40% off 1 item (ends today)
- Banana Republic – 40% off everything
- Nordstrom – New markdowns up to 40% off!
- Express – 30% off everything
- Lo & Sons – Up to 60% off select styles & 6-month return policy
Reader Favorites on Sale:
- Tumi on sale, up to 40% off!
- Aquatalia boots on sale, some down to $199
- Caslon joggers on sale for $35 and up
- (I’m always on the hunt for these — some great belts for dresses on sale!)
Original source: https://corporette.com/nude-for-you-fishnet-tights/