Home for the Holidays! We recently pulled the plug and cancelled the Airbnb we had booked in our hometown for Christmas. It was heartbreaking, but we knew in our hearts it was what we needed to do. For months, we had been stressing about it as we watched Covid numbers skyrocket. When we finally made the choice to cancel the trip, it felt like a huge relief. Even though we are very sad to miss spending the holidays with family, we are trying to reframe it as an opportunity to spend one very special holiday in our home in Tennessee. We are making a holiday to-do list full of fun memories to make with the kids, stocking up on ingredients to make all our favorite recipes (hello, homemade Chex mix for the third time this season!), baked goods, and keeping our weekends at home full of Christmas movies.
Our strategy is to keep the spirit bright by packing our schedule with all the things we love to do as a family. Santa pancakes, making a Christmas fort, watching Elf and Home Alone and making crafts and recipes with the kids!
Here are 10 things I am loving this week!
1. My friends Stefanie and Jacqui both launched new blogs this past month. Check out 1000 Miles From Nowhere for mid-century interiors with a boho twist and Baby Boy Bakery for delicious recipes and stories of motherhood.
2. These PJs look so comfy. I love all the colors they come in.
3. Are you dressing up for NYE (I’m assuming we’re all staying home)? Even though it might be cheesy, I REALLY want to dress up … in all gold. Haha. Which dress do you like more: this gold sequined one or this one with long sleeves? And do you like these shoes?
Or should I just wear PJs? All or nothing.
4. I got this beret and it’s perfect!
5. Unfinished wood trees to paint!
6. My favorite toys to collect for myself … I mean for my children. 😉
7. I’ve gotten into the habit of getting a new puzzle for every holiday (for when my sister visits or something like that!). I got this one to do over Christmas. It’s 1,000 pieces and I am so excited. It really helps me get offline and chill. Well, this paired with a hot toddy probably. 🙂
8. Holiday book list for kids. We always add a few new books every year. It’s one of our most-loved collections.
10. Our favorite essential oil diffuser is on sale.
Sending the biggest hug to you this week. I know I say that a lot and I wish you knew how sincerely I mean it every single time. xx- Elsie
Original source: https://abeautifulmess.com/10-things-i-love-sunday-191/