Coronavirus-Related News & Resources
In Other News…
- Refinery29 shared that Sephora is launching a research-driven diversity and inclusion action plan to address bias.
- Washington Post critic Robin Givhan critiqued Vogue‘s cover photo of Kamala Harris.
- Reuters reported that a new study found that some job ads’ biased language deterred as many as 1 in 2 women from applying.
- Above the Law summarized the 2021 State of the Legal Market Report (a joint effort of Georgetown Law and the Thomson Reuters Institute).
- Vox looked at the paradox of online “body positivity.”
- NPR reported that the Supreme Court reinstated restrictions on mifepristone, which terminates early pregnancies.
- The Lily highlighted privacy issues surrounding the period and fertility tracking app Flo.
- Salon used Bridgerton to make the point that “bad love scenes are miserably common on TV and in movies.”
- Your Laugh of the Week comes from McSweeney’s, with “I Am the Designer of this Restaurant’s Outdoor Seating Space, and This Is My Artist’s Statement.”
On CorporetteMoms Recently…
- We shared tips for spending more quality time with your kids.
- We offered some clothes for working moms, including some maternity basics and washable workwear.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you! Also: Are you a mom or mom-to-be? Don’t miss this week’s news update at CorporetteMoms.
Original source: https://corporette.com/weekly-news-update-499/